What is special about the BA degree in Physics?
- This program offers a great deal of flexibility to students who are
attracted to physics but who wish to explore a broad range of career
options not limited to science.
- For the first three semesters of physics courses we offer honors sections
to well prepared students. These small courses of 10-15 students explore
the course materials more in depth and with more advanced
- We hire physics majors with good grades as part-time teaching
assistants in the introductory physics courses. Participating students
find their own knowledge deepened and their skills much improved.
- In the junior lab the students are taught the intricacies of planning and
designing an experiment, and of collecting and analyzing data with the most
- The BA degree in Physics will qualify a student to enter graduate programs in
physics. However a student in the BA program deciding to pursue graduate
studies may wish to switch to the BS program, which is more focused on
physics. This switch can be done as late as in the junior year with no
delay in graduation.
- The one-semester research experience of our BA program is good
training for the skills needed in a wide spectrum of careers open to
- Students envisioning a career teaching physics in high school or
middle school pursue, in essence, a BA degree in Physics.
The BA degree in Physics is now available as part of a double major program with
the BA degree in Education:
Double Major Program Description
Double Major Detailed Course Sequence.
- The BA degree in Physics is also available to highly motivated engineering
students as part of two new dual-degree programs of 9 semesters duration each:
BS in Electrical Engineering and BA in Physics
BS in Mechanical Engineering and BA in Physics
- Do you have more questions? You may find your answers in this